University Advising Services
Active Suspension Program
The UNA Active Suspension Program is an alternative to traditional suspension. This is not an exemption from Suspension 1; you simply agree to take a more active role in how you serve Suspension 1. In terms of personal expectations, this program is an opportunity for you to:
- Work harder and smarter;
- Learn new skills and habits; and
- Immediately renew your dedication to academic success.
It will also provide you with close guidance and support that can help you create and sustain positive change in your academic life. Details outlining the requirements of the Active Suspension program may be found in this contract, which you will be required to sign before participating in the program.
Be aware that should you participate in the Active Suspension program, you may or may not be eligible for certain types of financial assistance. You should contact the Office of Student Financial Services to determine your eligibility for federal financial aid. If you are ineligible for federal financial aid, there may be other types of aid for which you may be eligible. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services to discuss your financial aid status.
If you participate in the Active Suspension Program, you will have the immediate opportunity to work toward satisfactory academic status and will not be required to spend a semester away from campus. If you are interested in participating in this program, please do the following:
- Prepare a one-paragraph statement explaining what has led you to this point in your academic career and what you are doing or intend to do, beside enrolling in Active Suspension, to solve your situation.
- Complete and submit the appointment request form linked below to schedule your intake conference. Selection days and times are final. Once you select a day and time, you cannot change your selection.
Application to the Active Suspension Program must be made by the end of day on January 1st.
- Promptly attend your interview. All interviews will be conducted in Keller Hall, RM 127. There are no make-up appointments for your interview; if you miss it, you will not be accepted into the Active Suspension Program.
If you attempt to complete the form and there are no remaining available times, send an email to Dr. Amy Crews at email@example.com (please include a cell phone number to help expedite the process), and she will contact you with a time.
Success Center Staff
Dr. Robert Koch Jr.
University Success Center Director
Center for Writing Excellence Director
The Commons 223
Ms. Tammy D. Rhodes
The Commons 204
Dr. Amy E. Crews
University Advising Services Director
Active Suspension Coordinator
The Commons 221
Mr. Matthew Little
First-Year Experience Director
The Commons 215
Dr. Kathleen Richards
Center for Writing Excellence
The Commons 219
Prof. Marlow B. McCullough
Mathematics Learning Center Director
The Commons 217
Dr. Matt Price
Learning Support Coordinator
The Commons 220
Ms. Kenda H. Rusevlyan
The Commons 214
Ms. Elizabeth C. Haggerty
The Commons 213