Office of Admissions
2013 Transfer Scholarships
Transfer Scholarship Deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships
- Membership in PTK must be in "good standing."
To be considered for a PTK Scholarship, a student must apply (which requires an application, application fee, and all transcripts) to the University and have a letter of recommendation from a PTK advisor submitted by May 1, 2013. The letter should provide documentation that the student is in “good standing” with PTK. There is no separate formal scholarship application.
Special Notes about Transfer Scholarships
- These scholarships are renewable for three additional continuous semesters, excluding summer terms.
- All scholarship awards are subject to change depending on fund availability, budgetary constraints, and the size/quality of the applicant pool. No commitment should be made by any party on behalf of the University other than authorized officials in the President’s Office, Office of Student Financial Services and/or the Office of Admissions.
- Only U.S. citizens are eligible for the PTK Scholarship.
- A student may receive only one PTK Scholarship.
- Recipients must be in good standing at all colleges attended, have at least a 3.25 transferable grade point average, and have a minimum of 45 transferable credit hours.
- These scholarships are for students transferring immediately to UNA from a two-year community college. Students who have attended four-year institutions are not eligible.
- All scholarship offers are time sensitive and must be accepted by the date specified in the official scholarship award letter.