Office of Admissions

Transfer Students

Applicants who have attended other colleges or universities will be considered as transfer students. Transfer student applicants must have transcripts sent from all previously attended institutions regardless of whether or not credit was actually earned. The application process requires that students list all institutions attended. Failure to do so may result in denial of admission or subsequent cancellation of admission. Transfer students who have earned fewer than 24 semester hours of credit must also submit high school transcripts and ACT (or SAT) scores, and must meet admission standards which are applied to beginning freshmen. All transfer students must also submit Transfer Student Discipline Record Release Form from the institution(s) they attended within the last 5 years.

For information regarding the Stars/Area V transfer program, please go to one of these pages:

Many students successfully transfer to UNA and graduate each year. If you are seeking admission to UNA as a TRANSFER student, please take the following actions to ensure that you will be given full consideration as an applicant:

  • Complete the UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION and return it along with a non-refundable $25 processing fee to the Office of Admission in Coby Hall or by mail to UNA Box 5011, Florence AL 35632-0001. You may request an application by calling 1-800-TALK-UNA, ext. 4608, or 256-765-4608. You can also apply online or download the application, print it out, and mail it in to our office. (NOTE: Applying online requires payment by debit or credit card to activate the application. If you have previously attended UNA, you will need to complete a paper application to prevent repayment of fee.)
  • Submit official transcripts from all previously attended institutions to the Office of Admission
  • Submit the Transfer Student Discipline Record Release Form from the last institution(s) attended within the last 5 years
  • If transferring in less than 24 hours of credit, submit your official high school transcripts along with your official ACT or SAT scores to the Office of Admission, if these scores are not on your official high school transcript.  

University Catalog

Undergraduate Catalog