Departments and Majors
CSIS - Learning Goals
CIS Program Learning Goals (ABET Program Outcomes)
Students graduating from the CIS program are expected to achieve each of the following ten CIS Program Learning Goals:
- CIS Goal 1 (ABET outcome f): An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- CIS Goal 2 (ABET outcome d): An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- CIS Goal 3 (ABET outcome e): An understanding of professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.
- CIS Goal 4 (ABET outcome g): An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- CIS Goal 5 (ABET outcome j): An understanding of processes that support the delivery and management of inofrmaiton systems within a specific application environment.
- CIS Goal 6 (ABET outcome a): An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- CIS Goal 7 (ABET outcome b): An ability to analyze a problems, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- CIS Goal 8 (ABET outcome c): An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- CIS Goal 9 (ABET outcome i): An ability to use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.
- CIS Goal 10 (ABET outcome h): Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continued professional development.