The Kilby CDC is a NAEYC accredited program. According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), a high quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
In our program you should see:
- Frequent positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up and active outdoor play
- Specially trained teachers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluation
- Research has shown these program elements to indicate high quality.