Distance Learning at UNA
Taking an online course? Things to do and know:
- Apply and be accepted to UNA - Admissions
- Register for classes by Internet or phone. (Contact Registrar's Office for more information.)
- Receive Student ID and temporary password from Admissions Office.
- Log into UNA Portal and reset password.
- Have a positive online presence.
- Communication is important - always ask questions if you have a problem.
- Participation is just as important in an online class as in a face-to-face class.
- Make contributions to assignments and discussions.
- Designate a place to study with no distractions.
- Log into your class every day. Stay up to date on class updates and announcements.
Tips to make your online course a success:
- Access course through ANGEL and review syllabus on course homepage.
- Purchase required text and study materials. Information can be obtained from Course Syllabus, UNA Bookstore, or contacting your instructor.
- Review the grading policy for the course.
Course Syllabus, Requirements, and Grading
- Review due dates for assignments, quizzes, and tests.
- Participate in discussion forums and other group assignments.
- Check grades through the "Reports" tab of the course.
- If proctored tests are required, contact instructor for more information about off-campus proctors.
Assignments and Assessments:
- Links such as UNA Writing Center, Collier Library, and Center for Academic Advising and Retention Services are located under the Resources link in all ANGEL courses.
- Access to UNA's Collier Library is available to all students taking online classes.
- FInancial aid is available for distance learning students. Contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 256-765-4278 for more information.