Distance Learning at UNA
Remote Proctor Now (RPNow)
Some courses only allow off-campus proctored testing through Remote Proctor Now (RPNow). Check with your instructor to see if RPNow is required for your course.You will need instructor approval if RPNow is not required. With access to a web cam and a reliable Internet connection, RPNow allows students approved for an off-campus proctor to take their exam in any location. (Fee associated with this service - $15.00 per test)
UNA/RPNow Policy for Online Exams
IMPORTANT NOTICE: RPNow users can now update to Windows 8.1 or MAC 10.9 at their convenience.
For courses that require Remote Proctor Now, the following information may be helpful:
- Remote Proctor Now Exam Taker Guide - PDF File, Video Tutorial
- Need to take an exam? - Use this link to run software and take a test using RPNow - http://www.myrpinstall.com - (A video tutorial is available on this page)
- Courses requiring Remote Proctor Now will not use the Respondus Lockdown Browser to test.
Instructors wanting to use RPNow in a course:
Remote Proctor Now Faculty Instructions (pdf)
For more information, call Bonnie Coats at 256-765-4987.
Support While Testing:Contact information for Product Technical Support:
For Remote Proctor Now Support - 800-620-8739 - Agents within our call center will be available 24/7 to answer calls, but will only field basic questions—such as hitting the “Insert Exam Password” button, and
navigating through the Authentication steps. All technical-based questions/issues will be escalated directly to L2 support and responded to from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm ET, Monday-Friday.
- You need help with (or are getting errors when) you attempt Authentication.
- Software cannot connect to camera or other errors occur
- Remember: Click “Insert Exam Password” after you log in to ANGEL
For ANGEL support please contact UNA support at 256-765-4987 or e-mail email@example.com - ANGEL support is available 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (summer semester) and 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (fall and spring semesters). Support requests outside these hours should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses are usually within one (1) business day.
- Cannot login to Angel (email email@example.com for help with username and password)
- You do not know where the exam is, or the exam is no longer available.
- You are getting an "incorrect password" error while trying to get into the exam.