Remote Proctor Now (RPNow)
Some courses only allow off-campus proctored testing through Remote Proctor Now (RPNow). Check with your instructor to see if RPNow is required for your course.You will need instructor approval if RPNow is not required. With access to a web cam and a reliable Internet connection, RPNow allows students approved for an off-campus proctor to take their exam in any location. (Fee associated with this service - $15.00 per test)
UNA/RPNow Policy for Online Exams
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On April 8th 2014, students running XP or MAC 10.6, and attempting to take an exam using RPNOW, will receive a message indicating that it has been detected that they are running an unsupported operating system. It will also state that students are welcome to continue using the unsupported Operating System with the understanding that there is no support. If the product doesn’t work, they will then have to either upgrade their operating system or use another computer. Unsupported browsers as of April 8, 2014 are: MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Windows XP. New current supported versions will include: Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, MAC 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
For courses that require Remote Proctor Now, the following information may be helpful:
- Remote Proctor Now Exam Taker Guide - PDF File, Video Tutorial
- Need to take an exam? - Use this link to run software and take a test using RPNow - http://www.myrpinstall.com - (A video tutorial is available on this page)
- Courses requiring Remote Proctor Now will not use the Respondus Lockdown Browser to test.
Instructors wanting to use RPNow in a course:
Support While Testing:Contact information for Product Technical Support:
For Remote Proctor Now Support - 800-620-8739 - Agents within our call center will be available 24/7 to answer calls, but will only field basic questions—such as hitting the “Insert Exam Password” button, and
navigating through the Authentication steps. All technical-based questions/issues will be escalated directly to L2 support and responded to from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm ET, Monday-Friday.
- You need help with (or are getting errors when) you attempt Authentication.
- Software cannot connect to camera or other errors occur
- Remember: Click “Insert Exam Password” after you log in to ANGEL
For ANGEL support please contact UNA support at 256-765-4987 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org - ANGEL support is available 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (summer semester) and 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (fall and spring semesters). Support requests outside these hours should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Responses are usually within one (1) business day.
- Cannot login to Angel (email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with username and password)
- You do not know where the exam is, or the exam is no longer available.
- You are getting an "incorrect password" error while trying to get into the exam.
Stay Connected to us:
Please help us improve our distance learning offerings by taking this online survey.
UNA is a member of Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus. For more information about the Electronic Campus, please visit http://www.electroniccampus.org.