College of Education & Human Sciences
To navigate quickly to your area of interest, click on a link below:
- Go to www.act.org/alabamaectp.
- Read the instructions and follow directions that explain how to register, study for, and take the Basic Skills exam. Contact the testing company with any questions regarding registering for this exam: AECTP Application Department: 1-800-294-2105.
- Register for either the paper-and-pencil based test or the computer-based test. Details for each option are listed below.
- The Basic Skills Assessment Study Guide is available for continuous download via the web site at www.act.org/alabamaectp.
- To register for PRAXIS II exam, go to www.ets.org/praxis/al or call PRAXIS Series Customer Service: 1-800-772-9476. Study material is available on the ETS website.
- Teacher education candidates must pass all PRAXIS II exams required for their area of certification before student internship. Click here for a complete listing of Praxis II exam codes required for each major offered at UNA.
- Most computer-delivered tests are given year-round by appointment. Testing window dates for computer-delivered tests are available at: http://www.ets.org/praxis/register/computer/#testing_windows
Paper-delivered tests are delivered six (6) times per year, as shown in the table below. It is offered on the UNA campus every April, June, and November.
Teacher education candidates are responsible for having exam score reports sent to UNA and the ALSDE. If you do not request a score report for these recipients, it will cost you an additional $40 fee with ETS to send at a later date. Request that your score report be sent to UNA 1735 and AL State Department 7020.