Student Financial Services
Work Study Steps
- Apply for federal financial assistance. The form and instructions are available on-line at the FAFSA site. Many campus jobs are funded in part by the federal government, and
this form is required for those jobs.
- For currently listed work study job openings, visit the Career
Planning and Development web page.
- After selecting those departments of interest to
you, contact those supervisors using the requested
method of correspondence (phone, email, send resume,
- If you are offered the position, the supervisor will send a REQUEST TO HIRE form to
the work study office in Career Planning and Development,
located in Guillot University Center, Room 202. You must complete certain payroll forms and present certain identification documents before you can begin working. YOU MUST HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD ISSUED BY THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION TO WORK.
- Begin working. Fall assignments may begin as early as August 1.