Department of History & Political Science
Alex Aguado, Ph.D.
UNA Box 5019
Willingham Hall 211
Associate Professor, Political Science
Research & Teaching Fields:
Public Administration, Policy, & American Politics
|St. Mary's Univ. (San Antonio)||B.A||1996|
|St. Mary's Univ. (San Antonio)||M.PA.||1998|
|Univ. of Kansas||Ph.D.||2003|
Research, Teaching and Other Interests:
- Professor Aguado’s research broadly examines political participation and its consequences. Currently he is investigating the role of civic engagement and its potential to stratify society.
- Dr. Aguado teaches introduction to American politics, public administration, policy, research methods, Congress and the presidency, elections, voting behavior, and interest groups.
- Dr. Aguado earned his B.A. in Music, specializing in classical guitar, at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, TX.
- Dr. Aguado's dissertation is: Scaling fences: The case for social capital as a deterrent of group homogeneity. (University of Kansas, 2003)
- PS 241: US Government and Politics
- PS 243: State and Local Government
- PS 244: Public Policy and Administration
- PS 301W: Political Science Scope and Methods
- PS 311: Public Administration
- PS 411: Religion, Politics, and Public Policy
- PS 414: Urban Politics
- PS 415: Ethics in Administrative Leadership