Department of History & Political Science
Alex Aguado, Ph.D.
Dr. N. Alex Aguado
UNA Box 5019
Willingham Hall 211
Associate Professor, Political Science
Research & Teaching Fields:
Public Administration, Policy, & American Politics
|St. Mary's Univ. (San Antonio)||B.A||1996|
|St. Mary's Univ. (San Antonio)||M.PA.||1998|
|Univ. of Kansas||Ph.D.||2003|
Research, Teaching and Other Interests:
Professor Aguado’s research broadly examines political participation and its consequences. Currently he is investigating the role of civic engagement and its potential to stratify society.
Dr. Aguado teaches introduction to American politics, public administration, policy, research methods, Congress and the presidency, elections, voting behavior, and interest groups.
Dr. Aguado earned his B.A. in Music, specializing in classical guitar, at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, TX.
Dr. Aguado's dissertation is: Scaling fences: The case for social capital as a deterrent of group homogeneity. (University of Kansas, 2003)
- PS 241: US Government and Politics
- PS 243: State and Local Government
- PS 244: Public Policy and Administration
- PS 301W: Political Science Scope and Methods
- PS 311: Public Administration
- PS 411: Religion, Politics, and Public Policy
- PS 414: Urban Politics
- PS 415: Ethics in Administrative Leadership