Department of History & Political Science
Matt Fitzsimmons, Ph.D.
UNA Box 5019
Willingham Hall 204
Associate Professor, Philosophy
Research & Teaching Fields:
Social and Political Philosophy, Ethics, American Philosophy, Frankfurt School Critical Theory, 19th Century German Philosophy, and Philosophy of Religion.
|Kentucky Wesleyan College||B.A||1998|
Research, Teaching and Other Interests:
- Dr. Fitzsimmons is currently researching how a merger of Frankfurt School Critical Theory and Deweyan political philosophy can produce a pragmatic Critical Theory.
- His dissertation is titled: John Dewey as Critical Philosopher (Vanderbilt University, 2004).
- PHL 201: Introduction to Philosophy
- PHL 202: Logic
- PHL 205: Ethics
- PHL 303: Philosophy of Religion
- PHL 340: Metaphysics
- PHL 331: History of Western Philosophy I
- PHL 332: History of Western Philosophy II
- PHL 415: Ethics in Administrative Leadership
- PHL 450: Contemporary Political Philosophy