Department of History & Political Science
Matt Schoenbachler, Ph.D.
UNA Box 5019
Willingham Hall 207
Research & Teaching Fields:
Early U.S., Republic, Colonial America
|Univ. of North Alabama||B.S.||1989|
|University of Kentucky||M.A.||1992|
|University of Kentucky||Ph.D.||1996|
Research, Teaching and Other Interests:
- Madness and Murder: The Myth of the “Kentucky Tragedy” (Lexington: The University Press of Kentucky, 2009)
- “Republicanism in the Age of Democratic Revolution: The Democratic Societies of the 1790s,” Journal of the Early Republic 18 (Summer 1998): 237-261.
- Dr. Schoenbachler is currently finishing his manuscript, The Jacksonian Crucible: Economic Crisis and Democracy in Kentucky, 1790-1830.
- HI 201: United States History to 1877
- HI 202: United States History since 1877
- HI 451/551: American Revolution, 1763-1789
- HI 453/553: Civil War & Reconstruction
- HI 485/585: U.S. History Through Film