After Arrival Checklist
Check in with the Office of International Affairs and attend Orientation. Bring passport, visa, passport, I-94 card, and acceptance letter. New students participate in the International Student Orientation to get started at UNA.
During Orientation new students will learn how to:
- Take the English exam if you are an undergraduate student or are enrolled in a graduate program that requires it. You will receive more information about this at check-in.
- Register for classes after arriving on campus.
- Check in with your academic department to learn how to meet with your academic advisor.
- Get your UNA ID card inside the GUC at the Mane card office. Bring your passport with you.
- Have a screening with the on-campus University Health Services
- Log in to your UNA email account and access Portal. This is an important tool for communication as a student at UNA.
- Call or email home. Be sure to touch base with your family.
- Get an on campus post office box inside the GUC.
- Get a cell phone.
- Set up a local bank account.
Living in Florence
- Connect to your cultural organization and other student organizations.
- Practice your English and learn more about programs at the Office of International Affairs.
- Learn about activities happening on campus.