Office of International Affairs
Orientation and Arrival Information
The Office of International Affairs provides a required orientation to give new international students essential information regarding their stay at UNA. Come to the Office of International Affairs, located in Powers Hall. Powers Hall is east of North Pine Street and south of Lion Drive.
You must check in and attend orientation. If you do not, you will be in violation of your visa status.
Orientation begins Monday, March 10, 2014 at 9:00am CST.During orientation, you can:
- Meet the Office of International Affairs staff and other international and American students.
- Get information about your visa and how to remain in legal immigration status.
- Take any required placement testing and get registered for classes.
- Learn more about Florence and student life on campus.
- Find out how to get a student ID, complete your health screening, finalize housing arrangements and more.
Optional events to aid in your transition to UNA (a shopping trip, social gatherings and informational workshops) are offered throughout the week of orientation.
When you check in, you will need your:
- I-20 or DS-2019.
- I-94 (Log into https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html to print this US Immigration Admission number).
- University of North Alabama admission letter.
After orientation, the regular working hours of campus administrative and business offices are Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm US Central Standard Time.