University of North Alabama MBA
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the GMAT required for admission?
Admissions requirements page
The GMAT is required for the Traditional Option but not for the Executive Option.
GMAT score of 450 or higher and a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale required for unconditional admission. Conditional admission requires GMAT score of 400 or higher and a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Is there an experience requirement for admission?
There is an experience requirement for the Executive Option but not for the Traditional Option. For unconditional Admission eight or more years of increasing responsibility in professional management, or entrepreneurial positions is required; and currently employed in supervisory, middle or upper management. For conditional admission the eight years is changed to six years.
Admissions requirements page
- What are the key differences in the Executive and Traditional Options?
Click here to see the differences.
- Can the MBA be earned online?
Yes, both the Executive Option and most traditional options can be taken completely online.
- Is a face-to-face MBA program offered?
Yes, most concentrations in the Traditional Option can be earned in face-to-face courses at our main campus in Florence.
- How can I satisfy the prerequisites for the program?
Click here for a list of Prerequisites
- When can I begin the MBA program?
Students may start the MBA program in August, January or June. The typical Fall or Spring semester course meets for 16-weeks. Summer semester courses meet for 8-weeks.
- How long will it take me to complete the program?
Well prepared students who have already satisfied all prerequisite work and who have career and/or family obligations may still be able to complete the MBA in 18-24 months. Full-time graduate students, however, (who have satisfied all prerequisite work) may be able to complete the program in 12 months.
- How do I register for courses?
Students may register for online MBA courses through their UNAPortal account.
- Does UNA accept transfer credit?
Yes. A maximum of six semester hours of graduate credit with a grade of B or better on each course may be accepted by transferred from other approved institutions provided:
- the course is designated by the parent institution as graduate credit, and
- the credit that has been earned is appropriate to the MBA program and/or MBA concentration program you have chosen.
- Is UNA an accredited institution?
Yes. The University of North Alabama is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, Telephone number 404-679-4501) to award bachelor’s, master’s and education specialist degrees. This accreditation gives regional and national recognition to credits and degrees earned at the University.
The College of Business, which has been offering MBA programs for over 30 years is also accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and also cooperates with and participates in academically-related programs as may be conducted by external groups such as the American College of Life Underwriters, the American Institute of Banking, etc.