University of North Alabama MBA
The Accounting MBA Program at the University of North Alabama is a 34-semester hour graduate program designed to provide individuals with the professional skills and business knowledge essential for success in contemporary professional accounting and business careers. Most states, including Alabama, require 150 semester hours of education before one can sit for the CPA exam. The UNA Accounting MBA Program provides the remaining courses required for the CPA exam for students who have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in accounting.
Eligibility for Accounting MBA Program
In addition to meeting the admission requirements for graduate study in the College of Business, one should have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in accounting or successfully complete undergraduate accounting prerequisites as prescribed by an Accounting-MBA Coordinator.
Accounting MBA Program Requirements- 34 Semester Hours
- MG 601 - Orientation to MBA Outcomes and Team Based Learning
- CIS 625 - Enterprise Systems Analysis & Design
- AC 630 - Research in Accounting. Prerequisite: AC 392 and AC 472 (Fall offering)
- AC 674 - Advanced Accounting Theory. Prerequisite: AC 392. (Fall offering)
- AC 675 - Advanced Tax Accounting. Prerequisite: AC 472. (Fall offering)
- AC 697 - Advanced Auditing. Prerequisite: AC 473. (Spring offering)
- EC 650 - Managerial Economics
- FI 630 - Financial Management
- MG 640 - Management Policy
- MK 660 - Marketing Strategy
Select Two Courses (6 hours) from among:
- AC 581 - Financial Statement Analysis. Prerequisite: AC 392 or FI 394. (Spring offering)
- AC 651 - Special Topics: Fraud Analytics (Spring offering)
- AC 686 - Controllership. Prerequisite: AC 495 or equivalent. (Summer offering, odd years)
- AC 694 - Business Combinations. Prerequisite: AC 392. (Summer offering, even years)
- QM 670 - Quantitative Methods
Accounting MBA Program-Undergraduate Accounting Prerequisites
An Accounting MBA Coordinator will evaluate your academic record and determine which, if any, of the following undergraduate accounting courses are required for your admission to the Accounting MBA Program:
- AC 291 - Accounting Concepts I
- AC 292 - Accounting Concepts II
- AC 390 - Accounting Information Systems
- AC 391 - Intermediate Accounting I
- AC 392 - Intermediate Accounting II. Prerequisite: AC 391.
- AC 471 - Cost Accounting. Prerequisite: AC 390.
- AC 472 - Tax Accounting. Prerequisite: AC 391.
- AC 473 - Auditing. Prerequisite: AC 392.
Information for Alabama CPA Exam Candidates
- Course in Governmental Accounting Required - AC 395
- Business Law Course on Uniform Commercial Code Required - recommend BL 480
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
Earning Additional Credit Hours for CPA Exam
UNA also offers a Professional Accounting Prep Program (http://una.cpaexcel.com/papp/) which offers online courses to help students who have an undergraduate degree (but not in accounting) and are considering an accounting career. Students with an accounting degree who need additional courses to meet the 150-hour requirement may also be interested in this program.Requests for Information
Jennifer Tittle, Administrative Assistant
Department of Accounting and Business Law
Keller Hall 331
Accounting MBA Program Coordinator
Dr. Greg Carnes
Raburn Eminent Scholar of Accounting
UNA Box 5190
Keller Hall 341
Florence, AL 35632-0001