College of Business - MBA Programs
You can invest in yourself to increase your project management knowledge and professional marketability by earning the Graduate Certificate in Project Management! Here are the details:
The College of Business offers a Graduate Certificate in Project Management.
- This graduate certificate is designed for professionals wishing to increase their job skills through the knowledge of formal project management methodology as demonstrated through a mastery of the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®).
- It is designed for MBA students wishing to broaden their skills or to have their skills recognized through a certificate program. It is also appropriate for students from other disciplines interested in broadening their knowledge of the use of project management within organizations.
- Courses focus on the application of project management methodology within public and private sector organizations.
- This certificate program requires 15 hours of graduate credit, plus non-credit coursework in Microsoft Project® and/or the successful completion of the 'Microsoft Specialist: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project®' certifcation. The non-credit Microsoft Project® Basics and Advanced coursework and the required certifcation may be taken prior to admission to the certificate program. Certification in Microsoft Project® or a similar commercial project management software will satisfy this course requirement.
- Admission to the certificate program or current enrollment in the MBA program at UNA is required. Admitted MBA students may apply for the certificate program through the MBA Coordinator. Applicants not currently enrolled in the MBA program who would like to pursue the certificate will be required to meet the admission criteria of the MBA Program or the Executive MBA at UNA.
- Admission requires formal application through the standard University procedures before applying for the certificate program.
Requirements for a Graduate Certificate in Project Management:
Academic Credit Courses
MG 585 - Project Management (3 hours)
MG 685 - Cases in Applied Project Management (3 hours)
MG 670 - Leadership and Team Building (3 hours)
MG 624 - Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
MG, MK, FI, EC, CIS or AC 698 - Independent Study - Capstone Project (3 hours)
Non-Academic Credit Courses
- Microsoft Office Project® Basics - offered by UNA Office of Continuing Studies and Outreach
- Microsoft Office Project® Advanced - offered by UNA Office of Continuing Studies and Outreach
- Successful completion of Microsoft Specialist: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project® certification or similar commercial project management software certification will also satisfy this requirement.