College of Business - MBA Programs
You can invest in yourself to increase your project management knowledge and professional marketability by earning the Graduate Certificate in Project Management! Here are the details:
The College of Business offers a Graduate Certificate in Project Management.
- This graduate certificate is designed for professionals wishing to increase their job skills through the knowledge of formal project management methodology as demonstrated through a mastery of the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®).
- MBA students wishing to broaden their skills or to have their skills recognized through a certificate program, and students from other disciplines interested in broadening their knowledge of the use of project management within organizations.
- Courses focus on the application of project management methodology to the business disciplines of management and computer information systems within public and private sector organizations.
- This certificate program requires 12 hours of graduate credit, two non-credit software tools courses, and a non-credit assessment course or activity. Current enrollment in the MBA program at UNA or admission to the certificate program is required. Admitted MBA students may apply through the Office of Continuing Studies. Applicants seeking admission to the graduate certificate program will be required to meet the admission criteria of the MBA Executive Concentration at UNA.
- Admission requires formal application through the standard University procedures. This program is offered in conjunction with the Office of Continuing Studies and Outreach, and all courses are available online. The non-credit Microsoft Project® Basics and Advanced courses may be taken prior to admission to the MBA.
Academic Credit Courses
MG 585 - Project Management (3 hours)
Elective Courses (select three):
BL 655 - Intellectual Property Law, Development, and Management (3 hours)
CIS 615 - Software Engineering for the Enterprise (3 hours)
CIS 625 - Enterprise Systems Analysis and Design (3 hours)
CIS 636 - Information Systems Planning and Management (3 hours)
Non-Academic Credit Courses
- Microsoft Office Project 2007 (or 2010) Basics - offered by UNA Office of Continuing Studies and Outreach
- Microsoft Office Project 2007 (or 2010) Advanced - offered by UNA Office of Continuing Studies and Outreach
- Project Management Certificate Capstone Course - offered by UNA Office of Continuing Studies and Outreach