UNA Planetarium and Observatory
Policies and Guidelines
"The Stars are for Everyone". Helen Sawyer-Hogg
- There is a flat rate of $3/person.
- Public programs are $3.
- Reservations can only be made to a maximum of 65 guests.
- On rare occasions small groups that are composed of fewer than 36 guests doing the same program may be asked to share a program with other groups. This will lower the potential cost for small groups and encourage small groups to work with each other to lower costs and make best use of planetarium staff time.
- Due to the fact that there are costs associated with planning and setup for programs, rescheduling must be made before the time of the program unless special circumstances arise such as bus breakdown, school closure etc. In those cases we will try to arrange to book another time.
- The planetarium does not have reserved parking for buses. We ask that the students be droppped off next to Towers residence and then the bus can be parked elsewhere on campus and return to pick up the students
- Guests are asked to try show up at least 15 minutes before the event if possible.
- All children must be accompanied at all times by an adult or guardian, who are responsible for those children. So no "drop offs"!
- Members of the programs will be expected to be polite and courteous to each other and to planetarium staff. This is essential if everyone is to have a enjoyable and educational program. We ask for everyone's cooperation in this.
- Members of programs should not wander around the facility without a staff member accompanying them. Guests will be expected to respect the instruction of planetarium staff about areas where they may not go. Anyone refusing to do so will be asked to leave the property immediately. This is for the safety of everyone.