Recreational Sports and Fitness Program
Fitness Center Policies
- It is mandatory that each person wipe off equipment after use with provided spray and wiping towel.
- Personal workout towels are not provided, however, you may bring your own.
- Use of electronic communication devices is prohibited inside the fitness center. Additionally, all electronic communication devices must be on silence mode as a courtesy to other patrons.
- Photographic devices are prohibited in the fitness center without prior approval.
- Proper athletic clothing must be worn while participating – jeans, cargo pants, etc. are prohibited.
- All pants and shorts must be worn at the natural waistline at all times.
- Shirts or tank tops must be worn at all times by all users.
- Only athletic shoes with closed toes and closed heels are allowed.
- Gym bags, book bags or personal items are not allowed onto the fitness center floor. These items must be kept in the designated area in the front of the room or in one of the lockers in the locker room on the 2nd level of the Student Recreation Center.
- No food, chewing gum or candy of any kind is allowed.
- Water is the only drink allowed and the bottle must have a closeable top.
- Do not leave drinking bottles in pedestrian walkways.
Failure to abide by the policies below may result in loss of membership to the Student Recreation Center.
- Continually failing to return weights and all other accessories to their proper locations.
- Continually making loud sounds (banging weights, yelling, dropping dumbbells).
- Misuse of equipment.
- Leaving the fitness center through an Emergency Exit in a non-emergency.
- Assisting entrance to the fitness center to someone through an Emergency Exit.
- Spitting on the walls, floors or on equipment in the fitness center.