Recreational Sports and Fitness Program
Weight Training Policies
- Proper athletic clothing must be worn while participating – jeans, cargo pants, etc. are prohibited.
- All pants and shorts must be worn at the natural waistline at all times.
- Shirts or tank tops must be worn at all times by all users.
- Only athletic shoes with closed toes and closed heels are allowed.
- It is mandatory to return weights and all other accessories to their proper locations.
- Clips on weight bars are mandatory at all times.
- Use of safety cut off clips on treadmills is highly recommended.
- It is highly recommended that you consult a Physician before beginning an exercise program.
- Ask for assistance if you do not know how to use any of the equipment.
- Work out at your own fitness level. Always use a spotter when attempting to lift maximum weight.
- Be patient when waiting for equipment, and be efficient when using equipment while others are waiting.
- Ask if you may ―work in,‖ and always let others work in. When working in with someone, return the seat and weight to the last user‘s set up.
- Be aware of others around you. Do not stand in front of weight rack while lifting, you may be blocking others from getting to the weights.
- Avoid making loud sounds (banging weights, yelling, dropping dumbbells).
- Do not remove weights, benches or equipment from their proper place.
- Do not sit on machines when you are between sets.
- Misuse of equipment may result in immediate expulsion from Fitness Center.