Commencement for SUMMER and FALL 2013 Graduates
Fall Commencement has been moved to Saturday, December 14, 2013 and will be made up of two separate ceremonies, 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.. The graduates from the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Education and Human Sciences will participate in the first ceremony. The graduates from the College of Business, the College of Nursing and Allied Health, and the graduates receiving BIS or MPS degrees will participate in the second ceremony. Details concerning rehearsal and the ceremony schedule of events will be published here at a later date.
The final fall graduation list will be posted at 2:00 p.m.. on Friday, December 13, 2013 (click on current term graduation list in the left column). The name you have chosen to be on your diploma will be the name used on all official listings for graduation. This name will be the name printed in the commencement program and the newspaper (the date it is printed is determined by each individual newspaper). If you signed the confidentiality request, your name will not appear on any lists or in the newspaper.
For those students attending the commencement ceremony see the schedule below.
- In order to receive your diploma, all financial obligations must be cleared through the Business Office.
- Invitations may be ordered through the Grad Fair and the University Bookstore, but should be ordered in sufficient time to assure delivery (4-6 weeks before graduation).
- Academic regalia will be available in the University Bookstore approximately three to four weeks prior to graduation up to graduation day.
- Career Planning and Development is available, without charge, to assist ALL graduates in preparing for the job search! Your resume and LionJobs account should be created early; and, you should meet with a CPD staff member for individual guidance on planning your career!
- Compliance with Federal regulations requires your signature on all requests for transcripts from the University of North Alabama. This information is submitted to you so the issuance of any transcripts you require will not be delayed.
- For transcript information call (256) 765-4981.
- If you choose to postpone your graduation to another semester, you may transfer your application to another term by completing the Graduation Application Change Form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office.
I. Schedule of Events
|Friday, December 13th|
|2:00 p.m..||Graduation List posted - Click Here|
|3:15 p.m..||Required Rehearsal - Flowers Hall|
|Saturday, December 14th|
|9:30 a.m.||Candidates for Ceremony 1 line up in Flowers Hall|
|10:00 a.m.||Ceremony 1 Begins - College of Arts and Sciences and College of Education and Human Sciences|
|1:30 p.m..||Candidates for Ceremony 2 line up in Flowers Hall|
|2:00 p.m..||Ceremony 2 Begins - College of Business, College of Nursing and students receiving IDS or MPS degrees|
Photographs will be made of all candidates receiving their diplomas during the presentation of diplomas. At a later date, you should receive a proof and an order form from the photographer.
III. Gowns and Attire
Caps, gowns, and hoods may be obtained at the University Bookstore in the Guillot University Center. It is suggested that women wear dark dresses, no jewelry, and low-heeled shoes. Both men and women should wear dark shoes.
Honor Cords for Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Summa Cum Laude will be available for purchase at rehearsal. This information will be posted on the final graduation list mentioned above.
V. Special Assistance
Any student who is physically challenged and needs special assistance at commencement, please notify Lisa Burton, Interim Registrar, at 256-765-4319 by December 1, 2013. If graduates have family members who need help please call Public Safety at 256-765-4357.
All Diplomas will be mailed approximately 4 business weeks after graduation. For persons who do not participate: covers, diplomas and commencement programs will be mailed. If your mailing address has changed since you applied for graduation, please contact the Office of the Registrar prior to December 1, 2013.
VII. Commencement programs will be in your seat.
PLEASE NOTE: The ceremony will be available at http://www.una.edu/commencement on live Internet for friends and families that cannot attend in person. The following day an archive of the event will be available at the same address. Also, Comcast Cable television broadcasts the commencement ceremony (times unknown).