Commencement for SPRING 2013 Graduates
Spring Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. in Flowers Hall. Tickets are not required for admission to Commencement.
The final graduation list will be posted at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 10, 2013 on www.una.edu/registrar (click on current term graduation list). The name you have chosen to be on your diploma will be the name used on all official listings for graduation. This name will be the name printed in the commencement program and the newspaper (the date it is printed is determined by each individual newspaper). If you signed the confidentiality request, your name will not appear on any lists or in the newspaper.
For those students attending the commencement ceremony see the schedule below.
- In order to receive your diploma, all financial obligations must be cleared through the Business Office.
- Invitations may be ordered through the Grad Fair and the University Bookstore, but should be ordered in sufficient time to assure delivery (4-6 weeks before graduation).
- Academic regalia will be available in the University Bookstore approximately three to four weeks prior to graduation up to graduation day.
- Career Planning and Development is available, without charge, to assist ALL graduates in preparing for the job search! Your resume and LionJobs account should be created early; and, you should meet with a CPD staff member for individual guidance on planning your career!
- Compliance with Federal regulations requires your signature on all requests for transcripts from the University of North Alabama. This information is submitted to you so the issuance of any transcripts you require will not be delayed.
- For transcript information call (256) 765-4981.
- If you choose to postpone your graduation to another semester, you may transfer your application to another term by completing the Graduation Application Change Form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office.
I. Schedule of Events
3:15 p.m., Friday, May 10 - The rehearsal will be at Flowers Hall for all degree candidates. Those persons not attending rehearsal will not be permitted to participate in commencement exercises. Be prepared to stay approximately two hours (Do not bring caps and gowns to rehearsal.)
8:00 - 9:00 a.m., Saturday, May 11, 2013 - All degree candidates, their spouses, and parents are invited to a reception in the atrium of the Guillot University Center.
9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 11, 2013- All degree candidates must be in place, ready for line check, in the south hallway of Flowers Hall as instructed during rehearsal.
10:00 a.m., Saturday, May 11, 2013- The graduation process will begin
Photographs will be made of all candidates receiving their diplomas during the presentation of diplomas. At a later date, you should receive a proof and an order form from the photographer.
III. Gowns and Attire
Caps, gowns, and hoods may be obtained at the University Bookstore in the Guillot University Center. It is suggested that women wear dark dresses, no jewelry, and low-heeled shoes. Both men and women should wear dark shoes.
Honor Cords for Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Summa Cum Laude will be available for purchase at rehearsal. This information will be posted on the final graduation list mentioned above.
V. Special Assistance
Any student who is physically challenged and needs special assistance at commencement, please notify Tina Sharp, Registrar, at 256-765-4317 by May 3, 2013. If graduates have family members who need help please call Public Safety at 256-765-4357.
All Diplomas will be mailed approximately 2 business weeks after graduation. For persons who do not participate: covers, diplomas and commencement programs will be mailed. If your mailing address has changed since you applied for graduation, please contact the Office of the Registrar prior to May 3, 2013.
VII. Commencement programs will be in your seat.
PLEASE NOTE: The ceremony will be available at http://www.una.edu/commencement on live Internet for friends and families that cannot attend in person. The following day an archive of the event will be available at the same address. Also, Comcast Cable television broadcasts the commencement ceremony (times unknown).