Office of Student Conduct
Possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons is prohibited while on university owned or controlled property. This includes all parking lots, grounds, and facilities. These weapons include but are not limited to:
- Fixed blade knives on the person or in a vehicle or any folding knife with an overall length greater than eleven inches
- Shotgun, rifle, or other shoulder gun
- Pistol or revolver
- Air gun or spring compression gun
- Bow and arrow
- Slingshots or other throwing weapons
- Brass Knuckles
- Fireworks or explosive devices
- Tasers or stun guns
- Paintball guns
- Explosive or other dangerous weapons
- Law Enforcement Officers of the Federal Government, state, or of any county, city, or town when in the discharge of their official duties.
- Civil officers of the United States in the discharge of their official duties
- Private police or security personnel when hired by, or under contract with, the University
- Law Enforcement Officers attending school as students. Their weapons must be concealed unless wearing a uniform.
- Campus food service knives.
- The President's Residence.
Exceptions to the policy may be granted for certain instructional purposes, displays, ceremonies, drills, reenactments, and performances and must be authorized by the Director of University Police (University Police Chief) or his/her designee.
For students, unauthorized possession of weapons shall constitute grounds for summary suspension. For faculty and staff, unauthorized possession of a weapon shall constitute a violation of board policy.