The University Success Center
The DSST test is offered by appointment. These tests are similar to the CLEP test except that they are not a computer based test. You must register in advance to take the exam by coming to University Advising Services in The Commons on the 2nd floor.
Subject Examinations of the DSST Program may be taken to earn advanced standing credit.
DSST examination scores must be submitted to the Office of Admissions on an official transcript form sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
Acceptable minimum scores are subject to change according to ETS norming revisions.
Credit through DSST may not be earned for:
- a course in which previously or currently enrolled
- a course failed in residence
- a course in which credit has already been earned in coursework at a higher level with the exception of foreign language courses
- both DSST examination and the equivalent course
- one or both of a sequence of courses if one of the courses has been in residence (exception—foreign languages)
You should obtain the written approval of the dean of the college in which you are enrolled before taking a DSST Subject Examination.
For a list of DSST tests with passing scores offered at UNA go to DSST Information.
Useful tips for taking the exam can be found at www.getcollegecredit.com.