The University Success Center
University Advising Services
Active Suspension Program
The UNA Active Suspension Program is an alternative to traditional suspension. This is not an exemption from Suspension 1; you simply agree to take a more active role in how you serve Suspension 1. In terms of personal expectations, this program is an opportunity for you to:
- Work harder and smarter;
- Learn new skills and habits; and
- Immediately renew your dedication to academic success.
It will also provide you with close guidance and support that can help you create and sustain positive change in your academic life. Details outlining the requirements of the Active Suspension program may be found in this contract, which you will be required to sign before participating in the program.
Be aware that should you participate in the Active Suspension program, you may or may not be eligible for certain types of financial assistance. You should contact the Office of Student Financial Services to determine your eligibility for federal financial aid. If you are ineligible for federal financial aid, there may be other types of aid for which you may be eligible. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services to discuss your financial aid status.
If you participate in the Active Suspension Program, you will have the immediate opportunity to work toward satisfactory academic status and will not be required to spend a semester away from campus. If you are interested in participating in this program, please do the following:
- Prepare a one-paragraph statement explaining what has led you to this point in your academic career and what you are doing or intend to do, beside enrolling in the Active Suspension Program, to solve your situation.
- Complete and submit the form linked below.
Application to the Active Suspension Program can be made anytime before noon on August 15, 2014. Advising appointments can be scheduled anytime following application submission.
- Go the the online scheduling system used by University Advising Services to schedule an appointment with one of our academic advisors to discuss your academic situation and the classes you will take during the period of Active Suspension.
- Promptly attend your appointment. All appointments will be conducted on the second floor of The Commons. There are no make-up appointments for your interview; if you miss it, you will not be accepted into the Active Suspension Program.
- Following your meeting with an academic advisor in University Advising Services, you will be directed to Student Financial Services (Room 318 of The Commons) to get an update on your financial aid status, if applicable.