Web Project Policies
While the Office of University Communications & Marketing's web team will attempt to complete any and all website requests as quickly as possible, the following guidelines and timelines will serve as a base for all projects that we handle.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DESIGNATED DEPARTMENT/OFFICE WEB LION FOR STANDARD CONTENT UPDATES AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.
- All web projects & update requests must be submitted via email.
- Time sensitive content change requests (that your department/office Web Lion cannot address) must be made no later than 1 week before your required ‘go live’ date. Failure to make requests by this deadline may result in your request not being completed by your preferred date, as we will need to add it into our production queue.
- Content change requests that are not time sensitive will be added onto the end of our production queue and completed in the order received.
- Complex online forms or forms requiring .csv output or any output besides in email form may take up to 2 weeks to complete. This includes any requested updates to an already existing form.
- Forms simply requiring emailed results can be created through Cascade Server by your designated department/office Web Lion
- Web applications may take a minimum of 4 weeks to complete. Possibly longer depending on the complexity of the web application. A meeting (or several) will be necessary to discuss the details and timeline of the project.
To guarantee your event gets featured on the main UNA.edu homepage:
- There must be a formal request made by filling out our Homepage Event Promotion Request Form
- The Office of University Communications must approve the artwork for the event
- The event must be requested no later than 14 business days before start date
- Features will be put on the homepage in the order received with the next event going up when an open space becomes available.
- Events will be listed on the homepage chronologically by event date.
- If no events have been requested, and there are open spots on the homepage, the Office of University Communications reserves the right to feature any upcoming event whether or not a request has been made.
Faculty members with the technology expertise to do so can create web pages for their professional and classroom use without using Cascade Server and the designated Web Lion. If you wish to do so, contact our Web Communications Manager to get a URL and server space. In such cases, the faculty member is responsible for creating, maintaining, and editing the web page as needed. Faculty members who wish to have a web page but don’t have such expertise should consult the Cascade Server Web Lion for their department.
If faculty members currently have a web page, please ensure that it is maintained and kept current.
Cascade Server Login - Click this link to access the UNA CMS login page.
Find Campus Photos - Our UNA Photo Archive is a great resource to find photos for your website!