Accounting & Business Law - MBA Accounting
MBA - Accounting Concentration
The Business Degree for Professional Accountants
The Accounting MBA Program at the University of North Alabama is a 34-semester hour graduate program designed to provide individuals with the professional skills and business knowledge essential for success in contemporary professional accounting and business careers. Most states, including Alabama, require 150 semester hours of education before one can sit for the CPA exam. The UNA Accounting MBA Program provides the remaining courses required for the CPA exam for students who have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in accounting.Eligibility for Accounting MBA Program
In addition to meeting the admission requirements for graduate study in the College of Business, one should have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in accounting or successfully complete undergraduate accounting prerequisites as prescribed by an Accounting-MBA Coordinator.
Accounting MBA Program Requirements - 34 Semester Hours
- AC 630 - Research in Accounting (3 hours) - Fall offering
- AC 674 - Advanced Accounting Theory (3 hours) - Fall offering
- AC 675 - Advanced Tax Accounting (3 hours) - Fall offering
- AC 697 - Advanced Auditing (3 hours) - Spring offering
- CIS 625 - Enterprise System Analysis and Design (3 hours) - offered online Fall and Spring
EC 650 - Managerial Economics (3 hours) - offered online Fall and Spring
- FI 630 - Financial Management (3 hours) - offered online Fall and Spring
- MG 601 - MBA Skills and Outcomes (1 hour) - offered online
- MG 640 - Management Policy (3 hours) - offered online
- MK 660 - Marketing Strategy (3 hours) - offered online
Select Two or Three Courses (6 hours) from among:
- AC 581 - Financial Statement Analysis (3 hours) - offered Spring
*Cannot earn credit if completed equivalent undergraduate course.
- AC 628 - Seminar in Accounting (3 hours) - Department Approval Required
- AC 682 - Fraud Analytics (3 hours) - offered Spring
- AC 686 - Controllership (3 hours) - offered Summer, odd years
*Prerequisite: AC 495 or equivalent
- AC 694 - Business Combinations (3 hours) - offered Summer, even years
*Prerequisite: AC 392
- QM 670 - Decision Theory (3 hours) - offered Fall
*No more than one 500-level course may be applied toward an MBA degree.
Accounting MBA Program-Undergraduate Accounting Prerequisites
An Accounting MBA Coordinator will evaluate your academic record and determine which, if any, of the following undergraduate accounting courses are required for your admission to the Accounting MBA Program:
- AC 390 - Accounting Information Systems
- AC 391 - Intermediate Accounting I
- AC 392 - Intermediate Accounting II. Prerequisite: AC 391.
- AC 471 - Cost Accounting. Prerequisite: AC 390.
- AC 472 - Tax Accounting. Prerequisite: AC 391.
- AC 473 - Auditing. Prerequisite: AC 392.
For information about the CPA Exam, see Accounting.com's Esential Guide to the CPA Exam
Information for Alabama CPA Exam Candidates - http://www.asbpa.alabama.gov/
- Course in Governmental Accounting Required - AC 395
- Business Law Course on Uniform Commercial Code Required - recommend BL 480
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
Requests for Information
Wesley Gahagan, Administrative Assistant
Department of Accounting and Business Law
Keller Hall 331
Accounting MBA Program Coordinators
Ms. Rebecca Hamm
Instructor, Accounting, College of Business
UNA Box 5056
Keller Hall 350
Florence, AL 35632-0001