Crescente E. Figueroa, Ph.D.
Professor of Industrial Hygiene; Director of the Industrial Hygiene ProgramMail Box: UNA Box 5211
Office Room: Floyd Science Building 303
Office Telephone: (256) 765-4236
Degrees: Ph.D., Bioengineering, Texas A&M University, 1993 M.S., Industrial Hygiene, Texas A&M University, 1988 Certificate in Occupational Health, Universidad de Chile, 1981 B.S., Chemical Engineering, Universidad Católica, Chile, 1977
With UNA since: Spring 1993
Classes usually taught:
- Ind Ergonomics and Physical Agents 310, 310L;
- Industrial Safety 311;
- Industrial Hygiene Problems 322;
- Control of Airborne Hazards 422, 422L;
- Sampling Methods in Ind. Hygiene 444, 444L
Recent presentations: The Educational Approach to Industrial Ventilation: A Survey Study. Presented at the 8th International Conference on Ventilation, Chicago, IL, May 15, 2006.
Recent grants: NIOSH TPG 2009-2012
Professional Certifications and Memberships:
- American Board of the Industrial Hygienists - Certified Industrial Hygienist, CIH.
- OSHA Instructor (Voluntary Compliance for General Industry)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association - Full Member
- American Industrial Hygiene Association - Alabama Section, Full Member
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society - Member