Some online courses may require on-campus proctored exams. UNA offers distance learning students in these courses an opportunity to test in the Distance Learning Testing Lab, use Remote Proctor Now (RPNow), or if required by instructor, submit a proctor application to instructor for an off-campus proctor. Click here for a list of courses and testing requirements. Fee associated with RPNow is $15.00 per test.* Students using Remote Proctor Now, will not use the Respondus Lockdown Browser.
If a course requires a proctor rather than RPNow, it is the responsibility of the instructor and the student to identify someone in the student's local area that is willing to serve as proctor. This service may require an additional fee.* All tests are given online and students must make sure that the potential proctor has a reliable Internet connection and has the capability of downloading/installing the Respondus Lockdown Browser. A download link and installation instructions for the Lockdown Browser are available here: http://distance.una.edu/help/#lockdown.
*Any fees charged by proctors will be the responsibility of the student.
The following guidelines will help students choose the appropriate person to serve as proctor:
- Through Remote Proctor Now (RPNow) - with access to a web cam and a reliable Internet connection, students approved for an off-campus proctor may take their exam in any location. (Fee associated with this service - $15.00 per test)
- Testing Centers throughout the United States (National College Testing Association - http://www.ncta-testing.org/cctc/find.php)
- A testing lab or library at a community college or university
- A high school principal or counselor (or other educational settings)
- A public library
- Education officer at a military base
- At a company that offers tutoring and testing services
- Click here for more proctor information
Stay Connected to us:
Please help us improve our distance learning offerings by taking this online survey.
UNA is a member of Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus. For more information about the Electronic Campus, please visit http://www.electroniccampus.org.