TOP Ways to Get A Better Night's Sleep
- Avoid studying and doing course work in your bed. Only use your bed for sleeping and relaxing.
- Relax 30 minutes to one hour prior to going to sleep; try a hot shower, warm bath, reading, or listening to relaxing music.
- Exercise on a regular basis in the morning or early afternoon. Do not exercise several hours before bedtime; your body requires several hours to relax after exercise.
- Go to bed about the same time each night. Have a regular set bedtime.
- Get up at the same time every day. A regular waking time, to include weekends, will help with your nightly sleep quality.
- Make sleep a priority in your life, schedule social activities accordingly.
- Don’t eat a large meal prior to bedtime, your body needs several hours to digest food. Spicy, heavy, or greasy foods can cause indigestion, which interferes with sleep.
- Cut back on your caffeine in the late afternoon and evening. Caffeine can affect your ability to sleep well for an estimated 8 hours after consumption.
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark to help promote better nightly sleep.
Hours and Information