After Arrival Checklist
Check in with the Office of International Affairs and attend Orientation. Bring passport, visa, I-20 and acceptance letter. New students must participate in the International Student Check-In and Orientation to get started at UNA.
During Check-In, new students will:
- Get a UNA student ID card (known as the Mane Card).
- Get an on-campus post office box.
- Have a tuberculosis screening with University Health Services.
- Log in to your UNA email account and access Portal.
- Receive assistance with attaining housing if not already arranged.
- Take placement exams.
- Pay student account.
- Sign up for Medical Insurance.
- Get a cell phone.
- Set up a local bank account.
- Shop at local stores.
- Register for classes.
- Check in with your academic department to meet with your academic advisor.
- Receive helpful guidance on American customs and expectations, as well as University expectations and practices.