After Arrival Checklist
The first thing you will do at UNA is Check-In. Bring the following documents to check-in upon your arrival:
- UNA Acceptance Letter
- Passport with current visa
- I-20 Form/DS-2019 with your signature
- Proof of financial ability to pay for school (example: bank statement)
- Receipt for payment of SEVIS I-901 fee
- Immunization records (if available)
- Any original documents (such as transcripts) that are required to complete your admission
Check-In fulfills a requirement of your F-1 student status and allows us to report that you are maintaining student status.
New students will do the following:
- Get a UNA student ID card (known as the Mane Card).
- Get an on-campus post office box.
- Have a tuberculosis screening with University Health Services. (The $50 testing fee will be added to your student account.)
- Log in to your UNA email account and access Portal.
- Receive assistance with attaining housing if not already arranged.
- Take placement exams.
- Pay student account.
- Sign up for Medical Insurance.
- Get a cell phone.
- Set up a local bank account.
- Shop at local stores.
OrientationAfter check-in, students must attend orientation. During orientation, new students will:
- Register for classes.
- Check in with your academic department to meet with your academic advisor.
- Receive helpful guidance on American customs and expectations, as well as University expectations and practices.
During orientation, you may be asked to take placement tests. These tests help your instructors place you in the best classes for your ability level. This may take several hours. For ESL students, the test will be given in part on a computer, in writing and in person. Academic students will have meetings with professors and advisors to plan their schedule.