Students must demonstrate a satisfactory background in the following topics: accounting principles; economic principles; statistics; financial management; management principles and marketing principles.
UNA has a variety of ways that these prerequisites can be met including non-credit competency courses. These options allow students to complete the required prerequisites more quickly and economically.
Options for Fulfilling MBA Prerequisites at UNA
I. Prerequisite (foundation) Courses Required
An evaluation of your official transcripts will be made during the admission process. You will be given credit for prerequisite courses which you have already completed (with a grade of C or better) at the collegiate level during your undergraduate studies. The prerequisites required of all students seeking an MBA are:
- AC 291 Accounting Concepts I (Principles of Financial Accounting)
- AC 292 Accounting Concepts II (Principles of Managerial Accounting)
- EC 251 Principles of Macroeconomics
- EC 252 Principles of Microeconomics
- FI 393 Financial Management
- MG 330 Principles of Management
- MK 360 Principles of Marketing
- QM 291 Statistical Process Control
II. Prerequisites can be completed through the following options.
- Completion of the required undergraduate course at UNA.
- Completion of a preapproved equivalent course at another university and transferred to UNA. [This can be validated ONLY by an official transcript from the school attended showing completion of the course with a grade of C or better.]
- Waiver by completing an online competency course through the continuing education department at UNA and successfully passing the assessment test with a score of 70% or better. The cost of the each competency course is US $300 each. This payment allows the student to take the exam two times. To apply for a competency course, please go to The Office of Continuing Education.
Connect With Us
Enter your information below to get started on your MBA.