(OPportunities for Entry into Nursing)
Assists under-represented and economically disadvantaged students in completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
The Project began in September 2012 and has awarded scholarships to 128 students (pre-nursing or nursing). Students have received up to $10,000 in scholarships through Project OPEN.
Project OPEN scholarship program will support economically disadvantaged students, particularly minorities, by providing:
- Pre-entry collegiate preparatory, retention activities;
- Scholarships for pre-nursing and nursing students
- Undergraduate full-time student majoring in nursing
- Economically disadvantaged, particularly underrepresented minority and United States citizen
- Self-motivated and committed to success
- Maintain a G.P.A. of 2.50 higher
- Must complete FAFSA web worksheet at www.fafsa.gov before application deadline
Project OPEN Update:
We are not accepting Project OPEN Scholarship applications at this time. The Project OPEN Scholarship for nurses is a grant funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)/ Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). This grant is in its final year of funding (2012-2016). However, on January 25th we submitted an application to receive funding for years 2016-2020. Award notifications will not be received until July 1, 2016. If this scholarship program is funded, applications will be available on this website immediately after the notice is received. Awards will be effective for the 2016-2017 academic year.
For further information, contact:
Dr. Tera Kirkman, Stevens Hall, Room 206, telephone: (256) 765-4382 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Ernestine Davis, Stevens Hall, Room 203, telephone: (256) 765-4583 or e-mail email@example.com