(OPportunities for Entry into Nursing)
Assists under-represented and economically disadvantaged students in completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
The Project began in September 2012 and has awarded scholarships to 128 students (pre-nursing or nursing). Students have received up to $10,000 in scholarships through Project OPEN.
Project OPEN scholarship program will support economically disadvantaged students, particularly minorities, by providing:
- Pre-entry collegiate preparatory, retention activities;
- Scholarships for pre-nursing and nursing students
- Undergraduate full-time student majoring in nursing
- Economically disadvantaged, particularly underrepresented minority and United States citizen
- Self-motivated and committed to success
- Maintain a G.P.A. of 2.80 higher
- Must complete FAFSA web worksheet at www.fafsa.gov before application deadline
Project OPEN Update:
Project OPEN is a grant funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) / Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). On Sunday, July 10, 2016, UNA and the College of Nursing were notified that the grant would be funded through 2020. In addition to the application and appropriate accompanying documentation, a student must also complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA worksheet at www.FAFSA.gov.
Applications for the Fall 2017-Spring 2018 academic year are available here.
For additional information, contact: Mrs. Rachel Winston, (256) 765-4579 or firstname.lastname@example.org