Sexual Misconduct Information

The University recognizes the devastating effects of sexual misconduct, violence, and assault. As such, specific processes, guidelines, and resources are in place to deal with these issues. Victims should be aware that certain campus officials have a duty to report sexual misconduct for federal statistical reporting purposes (Clery Act).

Make sure you know what your rights are and the resources available to those who are victims of sexual misconduct, violence, and/or assault.

Depending on how you want your report handled, there are three reporting options:

A student who believes he or she has been the victim of sexual misconduct committed by another University student may report to any of the following offices:

University Police - 256.765.4357 (privacy can be maintained)
Office of Student Conduct -  256.765.5012 (non-confidential report)
Student Counseling Services - 256.765.5215 (confidential)
University Health Services - 256.765.4328 (confidential)
Title IX Coordinator - 256.765.4223 (non-confidential)

Anyone can be a victim. Don't go through this alone. If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, Please seek emotional support as soon as possible. UNA offers confidential counseling services to actively enrolled UNA students. Call 256-765-5215 or go to Student Counseling Services at 555 Oakview Circle (behind Kilby School) at the edge of campus.

You may also call UNA Health Services at 256-765-4328/4302 or visit Bennett Infirmary, 501 Circular Drive on campus for medical consultation