Get Academic Help
- Tutoring in the University Advising Services
- Need a little extra help in that tough class? University Advising Services has FREE tutoring by both student and faculty tutors. Sign up or get self-help info here.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Get help writing your papers and essays, as well as resources about becoming a better writer
- Withdrawal Policies/Attendance Policies
- Class Attendance. Regular and punctual attendance at all scheduled classes and activities is expected and is regarded as integral to course credit. Each student is directly responsible to the individual professor for absences and for making up work missed. Particular policies and procedures on absences and makeup work are established in writing for each class, are announced by the professor at the beginning of the term, and for excessive absences, may provide for appropriate penalties including reduction in grades or professor-initiated withdrawal from class. Official written excuses for absences are issued only for absences incurred in connection with university-sponsored activities. For all other types of group or individual absences, including illness, authorization or excuse is the province of the individual professor.
- Withdrawal from a Course. A student may withdraw from a course with a grade of W up to and including the Friday that falls one week after the designated midterm date by bringing a completed withdrawal slip (signed by the instructor) to the Registrar’s Office. After that deadline and up to the Wednesday that falls two weeks prior to the last day of class, a student may withdraw from a course with a grade of WP (withdraw passing) or WF (withdraw failing) assigned by the instructor. During the final two weeks of class, withdrawal is not permitted except in extraordinary circumstances. Permission of both the instructor and department chair is required, and the grade of WP or WF will be assigned by the instructor. (For full description see current University Undergraduate Catalog)
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- The VPAA is responsible for the oversight and improvement of all academic programs at UNA.