Scholarship Information for Study Abroad

Are there funds available to help pay for study abroad?

Yes, a variety of scholarships and international study funding, fellowships, grants and financial aid may be found through Internet search engines. Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants and UNA Study Abroad Scholarships are two examples of funding available to UNA participants.

Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants are designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Fifty $1,000 grants are awarded each year.

Gilman Study Abroad Scholarships are also helpful with scholarships varying according to the length of a study abroad.

UNA provides a pool of funds available to full-time students to help defray transportation costs related to participation in university sanctioned and/or credit bearing study abroad programs.

When can I apply for the UNA Study Abroad Scholarship?

Applications are accepted twice during the academic year, in two rounds: one in the Fall and second in the Spring semester. Students wanting to travel for Spring Break should apply during round one. Students traveling during intersession or summer are welcome to apply during either round one or two. Deadlines for application submission are: November 1 and February 15.   

How will I know if I receive the UNA Scholarship?

It is expected that award decisions will be made within 30 days of these deadlines.  Recipients will receive a “Financial Aid Award” email notification. Plus, the recipients will be so notified in writing from an appropriate administrative office. A letter will be sent to the recipient’s UNA Post Office Box or the home address of those who do not have on-campus boxes.

What if I don't have a campus post office box in the GUC?

Letters are mailed to applicant's permanent address on record in Banner. Students whose families have moved need to update home addresses.

How do I accept the scholarship?

Recipients must sign their agreement, accepting the award, in person in the Student Financial Services Office within 30 days. Go to Student Financial Services in Room 318 in The Commons Building.

To apply, please complete the application located here.

The annual deadlines are November 1st and February 15th.