Parking Ticket Appeal

If you feel that you were issued a parking ticket in error or that extenuating circumstances existed you may file an appeal with the Parking Appeals Committee.

    • Fire Lane Violation
    • Handicap Space Violation
    • Inability to find a proper or convenient parking space
    • Other vehicles were improperly parked
    • Late to class or appointment
    • Financial Hardship caused by fine
    • Lack of knowledge of the University Parking Regulations or Guidelines

The University of North Alabama parking violations may be appealed within ten (10) days from the date of issuance. Each appeal must be based on verifiable evidence. The appeal must be received by the end of the 10th day after the ticket is issued.

The Appeals Committee will consider your ticket history when making its decision. Appeals without merit will be REJECTED.

If the parking committee APPROVES your appeal, the citation(s) appealed will be voided and you will be notified by email.

If the parking committee DENIES your appeal, you will be notified via email and the citation(s) must be paid within five (5) days of the date of notification of the appeal results. Failure to pay will result in a late fee(s) and a hold place on your University account. Please see the Schedule of Fines


You will be notified of the decision of the Parking Committee within 14 days of your appeal. ALL APPEALS COMMITTEE DECISONS ARE FINAL

STUDENTS, FACULTY OR STAFF – You must provide your Mane Card number for your appeal to be considered.

VISITOR – Please type “VISITOR” in the Mane Card Number field.

If you are affiliated with the University as a Student, Staff or Faculty member, and submit deceptive information in your appeal to mislead the Appeals Committee for your advantage, you will be reported to Student Conduct, and/or to your University Department officials and your appeal will be rejected.

All moving violations written on Alabama Uniform Traffic Ticket and Complaint forms are ajudicated through the District Court of Lauderdale County, and must be handled through the District Court.