Military and Veteran Family Members

Military and Veteran family members who attend UNA are encouraged to participate in and support the activities of the UNA Military and Veteran Alliance.  As a community of military members, Veterans, and family members and supporters, the organization works to advocate for  support to military and Veteran students and to assist in the needs of all Veterans.  You can learn more about the MVA here.

Transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill benefits - if you are a student of a military service member or Veteran who has transferred their Post 9-11 GI Bill benefits to you and plan to use them at UNA - you basically follow the same procedure as a military or Veteran student.  You can find the details on the GI Bill page.

Alabama GI Dependents Scholarship Program - If your parent or spouse is a disabled Veteran (as defined by Alabama) who originally entered active duty as a resident of the state, you may qualify for the GI dependents scholarship.  details of the program and application procedures are available at: