Your UNA Payroll Resource
Welcome to the UNA Payroll web page. If you don't find the answer you need here, please feel free to call our office at 256-765-4162 (Lesa) or 256-765-4465 (Margaret) or come to visit us in Bibb Graves Hall, Room 217B. We are open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Understanding Your W-2
REMEMBER: Your W-2 shows the amount of wages that were taxed, not the actual amount earned.
You will notice a new deduction code on your check stub: FIA reflects an additional 0.9% Medicare tax, added by the Affordable Care Act (ACA, also known as Obamacare), on wages and income in excess of $200,000.
2014 Limits on Elective Deferrals to TIAA/RSA remain the same:
- Under 50 years of age: $17,500
- Over 50 years of age: $23,000
- Pay Stub/Earnings History
- Direct Deposit
- Student Direct Deposit
- TIAA Change Form
- Authorization to Defer Compensation (RSA-1 Change Form)
- Federal W-4 Form
- Alabama State A-4 Form
- Form I-9
- I-9 Employer's Handbook
- Cafeteria Plan Form (Form to Exempt Family Insurance Premiums)