Welcome to the UNA Planetarium Page!
- Feb 3rd, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Public Night
- Feb 9th, 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., Spring Laser Shows
- Feb 10th, 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., Spring Laser Shows
- Feb 12th, 7:00 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., Spring Laser Shows
- Feb 13th, 7:00 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., Spring Laser Shows
- Feb 14th, 7:00 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., Spring Laser Shows
- Feb 17th 7:00 p.m. Public Night
- Feb 24th, 7:00 p.m. Public Night
Spring Laser Shows
The spring laser shows will consist of the laser show Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" and a sampling of Led Zeppelin. They will last 1.25 hours and are $3 for UNA students and $5 for all others. The shows do consist of flashing laser light that may bother some people. Ticket may be purchased at the door or in advance starting at 6 p.m. Feb 9th.
Our weekly evening programs consist of a 30 minute discussion of the constellations visible in the sky during the current month. This is followed by a video or slide presentation or observing through the UNA Observatory's 14-inch telescope if the weather permits. The afternoon programs consist of the constellation discussion followed by solar observing if weather allows. UNA students are not charged for the weekly public programs, all others are charged a flat rate $3/person. There are no discounts or "rain-checks" for poor weather. The programs are intended for a general audience and so all age groups are welcome. The directions to the planetarium are the following.