Office of Diversity and Institutional Equity
March is Women's History Month
Click HERE for more information
2014 National Women's History Theme:
"Celebrating women of character, courage, and commitment"
- Provide oversight, leadership, consultation, coordination, and assistance to UNA’s various constituencies in the recruitment, retention, and advancement of its faculty, staff, and students.
- Pursue the maintenance and expansion of cultural competence to increase equity among faculty, staff and students.
- Strengthen UNA’s continuing pursuit of inclusion and to support one of the University of North Alabama’s core values - PROMOTING AND CELEBRATING DIVERSITY!
What is Diversity at UNA?
UNA’s definition of diversity is inclusive
- It also includes an infinite range of individual unique characteristics and experiences, such as communication style, career path, life experience, educational background, geographic location, income level, marital status, military experience, parental status and other variables that influence personal perspectives.
- It acknowledges, recognizes and values difference and advances knowledge about race, ethnicity, national origin age, gender, socio-economic status, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, disability, and intellectual perspective.