Associate Professor, Sport & Recreation Management
Chanho Kang (Ph.D. Texas A&M University) is an associate professor in the Department of Kinesiology at University of North Alabama. Prior to entering higher education, he worked as a sport marketer for Kolon Industries, Inc in Korea. He played a significant role in designing, developing, and operating sport marketing programs/services for the company for 5 years. His primary research interests include sport consumer behavior, strategic sport brand management, and marketing strategy in sport. Thus far in his academic career, he has presented 17 papers at prestigious international conferences. He authored and co-authored three book chapters. In addition, his work has been published in a variety of journals including Sport Management Review, International Journal of Sport Management, Asian Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science and Psychological Reports.
- Sport Marketing
- SRM 655 - Sport Consumer Behavior
- SRM 615 - Finance & Accounting in SRM
- SRM 610 - Fac. Planning & Org. Behavior
- SRM 605 - Media Relations in SRM
- SRM 600 - Marketing in SRM
- SRM 555 - Quantitative Methods in SRM
- SRM 420 - Seminar in Sport Management
- SRM 320 - Sport Communication
- SRM 315 - Goven/Lead of Sport
- SRM 305 - Marketing SR Activities
- SRM 300 - Sport Finance
- SRM 240 - Economics of Sports
- SRM 230 - Sociology of Sport
- SRM 222 - Introduction to SRM
- Kinesiology (PhD)
Texas A&M University
- Kinesiology (MS)
Texas A&M University
- Textile Engineering (BEng)
Kyung Hee University
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Patrick J. Shremshock, Thomas E. Coates, Michael D. Hall, Chanho NA Kang, and Eric K. O'Neal. 2019. Adventure Education and its Perceived Effect on Participant Life Effectiveness - A review of original research.
- Ye Hoon Lee, P Chelladurai, and C Kang. 2017. Emotional labor in the dual role of teaching and coaching.
- Chanho Kang, G. Bennett, and J. Welty Peachey. 2016. Five dimensions of brand personality traits in sport.
- Chanho Kang. 2016. International sport business. International Sport Federations.
- Chanho Kang, K. Foster, and Y. Lee. 2015. Designing a physical activity class for the undeserved children.
- Chanho Kang, J. Lee, and G. Bennett. 2014. A comparison of sport consumption motives between American students and Asian international students.
- Chanho Kang. 2012. International sport. Sociology of Sport.