The University of North Alabama maintains a comprehensive Local Area Network (LAN) connecting the majority of buildings at the UNA Main Campus and UNA East Campus to each other. This high-performance connection is through a combination of 1 GB and 10 GB fiber optic cable and Cat 5e and Cat 6 cable. The faculty, staff and students have access to the Internet, UNAPortal (including Banner), Canvas, Office 365, and many other applications. Wireless access is available in 100% of the buildings on campus.
Campus IT changes coming this summer!
Check back here for the latest news about our progress throughout the summer. Coming changes include rolling out Windows 10 and Office 2016 (beginning with Labs and eClassrooms), as well as changes to campus wireless and the UNA phone system. ITS is working with Educational Technology Services to provide Windows 10 training materials as well as live training sessions and open lab hours in an updated lab later this summer.
Changes already in progress:
- The Instructional Technology Engineers have begun updating eClassrooms to Windows 10 and Office 2016 in the following buildings:
- Science, Engingeering and Technology building
- Stevens Hall
- The following labs will be updated soon:
- Powers Hall Basement Lab
- Science, Engineering and Technology building room 369
- Going forward, all new desktops and laptops being distributed by ITS will have Windows 10 and Office 2016 installed.
- You can now change your UNA password yourself! Start by clicking the gold button toward the top right of this page to enroll in our password reset system.
- The following buildings' eClassrooms have been updates to Windows 10 and Office 2016:
- Bibb Graves Hall
- Wesleyan Hall
- The following computer labs have been updated to Windows 10 and Office 2016:
- Bibb Graves Hall 207
- Stevens Hall 101
- Stevens Hall 102
- Stevens Hall 303
Click HERE for information about how to get started in Office.
IT Services Mission
"To provide technical resources and expertise to the university community in support of the University Strategic Plan."
IT Services Guiding Principles
- To provide technological expertise to support the academic, administrative, and service needs of the University community.
- To maintain ongoing constructive communication between Information Technology Services and the University community.
- To provide software, network, telephone, and Internet services for the University community.
- To implement software and hardware upgrades and to provide the University community access to appropriate up-to-date technology.
ITS Help Desk
- Employees: ITS Help Desk
- 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- (256) 765-4865