If the BSN or MSN degree is your goal, UNA's College of Nursing has an option for you!
Entering freshmen and transfer students complete a four-year curriculum leading to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, students are awarded the BSN degree, and are eligible to take the NCLEX exam for licensing as a registered nurse (R.N.).
For Registered Nurses who wish to attain the BSN degree, our "RN to BSN Online Program" allows RNs to attain their BSN degree entirely online. For BSN prepared nurses, the College of Nursing also offers an MSN degree program completely online. Both the BSN and the MSN online programs provide an online learning environment that is educationally rewarding and designed to meet the schedule of the working student.
Explore our site to discover how the UNA College of Nursing can help you move forward in your career! For more information on the traditional BSN or the RN to BSN and MSN online options, please click on the links above.
About the College of Nursing
Whether you are a new freshman , a transfer student, or a registered nurse, we invite you to explore our site to learn more about what the College of Nursing has to offer.
Facts about the College of Nursing
- Leader in the education of nurses since 1973
- Committed to providing quality and accessible educational opportunities
- Fully approved by the Alabama State Board of Nursing
- BSN and MSN programs of the College of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) - One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036 - (202) 887-6791. BSN is accredited for the term of 10 years through June 30, 2021; MSN is accredited for the term of 10 years through June 30, 2023.
- Traditional BSN option leads to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Accelerated Alternative for second degree students is available - leads to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN Online program for registered nurses
- RN to MSN online alternative available
- MSN online program offers tracks in Teaching-Learning and Leadership
- Diverse faculty and student body
For Additional Info or Advising
Traditional/Accelerated students contact:
Alaina Ramey, Traditional Nursing Enrollment Coordinator
UNA Box 5054| 209 Stevens Hall
Online students contact:
Mrs. Cindy P. Mashburn, Administrative Assistant, Online Program
UNA Box 5127| 223 Stevens Hall
Ms. Lauren Shell
Online Nursing Enrollment Coordinator
UNA Box 5127 | 227 Stevens Hall