Johnson A. Ogun
Director, Culinary Arts Program
A strong combination of culinary experience and management skills coupled with instructional experience. I am a Bi-lingual, result-driven, and highly motivated professional with exceptional leadership skills. I am a hand-on team player with the ability to work hard under pressure. Being knowledgeable of both the front and back of the house operation in the hospitality industry, I am an excellent professor who motivates students.
Prior to joining the University of North Alabama faculty, I worked in the hospitality industry for over twenty-seven years in the capacity of General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage operation, and Executive Chef for hotels with over 200 full-service rooms with over 13,000 square feet of meeting space at different locations.
My experience in the hospitality industry includes but not limited to responsibility for the smooth transition of new hotel accusations, supervision of multimillion-dollar hotel renovations, and responsible for supervising and training all department heads in completing budgets and holding department heads accountable for results in their respective departments. As a culinary and hospitality professional, I consistently meet or exceeds company goal and objectives.
- Front of the house management in hospitality industry with emphasis on cost control and employee supervision.
- CNH 630 - Food and Beverage Operation
- HES 499 - Independent Study-Practicum
- HES 497 - Special Topics in HES
- CAM 470 - Culinary Entrepreneurship
- CAM 460 - Regional Cuisine
- CAM 455 - Quantity Food Production
- CNH 455 - Quantity Food Production
- HES 455 - Quantity Food Production
- CNH 433 - Food Safety and Sanitation
- HES 433 - Food Safety and Sanitation
- CNH 431 - Dining Room Service
- CAM 430 - Food and Beverage Cost Control
- CNH 430 - Food & Beverage, Cost Control
- HES 430 - Food & Beverage, Cost Control
- CAM 427 - Internship II
- HES 427 - Internship
- CAM 426 - Adv. Pastries and Desserts
- CAM 400 - Hospitality Facilities Mgt
- CAM 359 - Special Topics
- CAM 355 - Superv. in Hospitality Mgt.
- CNH 355 - Food Service Planning
- HES 355 - Food Service Planning
- CAM 353 - International Cuisines
- CNH 353 - Cultural Foods
- HES 353 - Cultural Foods
- CNH 331 - Food Preparation II
- HES 331 - Food Preparation II
- CNH 330 - Food Preparation I
- HES 330 - Food Preparation I
- CAM 327 - Internship I
- HEM 302 - Security and Risk Mgt
- CNH 302 - Security & Risk Management
- HES 302 - Security & Risk Management
- CAM 251 - Menu Planning
- CAM 242 - Food Science
- CNH 230 - Culinary Math
- CNH 222 - Hospitality Facilities Mgmt
- HES 222 - Hospitality Facilities Mgmt
- CAM 221 - Basic Baking
- CNH 202 - Lodging Systems
- HEM 200 - Tourism and Planning
- CNH 200 - Tourism Planning & Development
- HES 200 - Tourism Planning & Development
- CAM 112 - Food and Safety Sanitation
- CNH 112 - Food Safety and Sanitation
- FYE 101 - First-Year Experience Seminar
- HES 100 - Intro to HES
- EXIT 000 - Exit Examination
- Higher Education Administration (EdD)
The University of Alabama
- Home Economics (MS)
Western Kentucky University
- Finance (BS)
Western Kentucky University
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Tammy S. Winner, Robert M. Rausch, Johnson A. Ogun, and Prema A. Monteiro. 2019. A Traveler's Palate: A collaboration of the University of North Alabama’s students in Culinary Arts, Photography, and Technical Writing.
- Tammy S. Winner, Robert M. Rausch, and Johnson A. Ogun. 2018. Preserving the South: Subcultures of Southern Food.
- Stephen G. Katsinas, Johnson A. Ogun, and Nathaniel J. Bray. 2016. Monetary compensation of full-time faculty at American public regional universities: The impact of geography and the existence of collective bargaining.