Kevin B. Stoltz, Ph.D., ACS, NCC, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Counselor education at the University of North Alabama. He teaches graduate courses across the counseling curriculum and specializes in assessment, research, and career counseling. Kevin is a National Certified Counselor and Approved Clinical Supervisor. His research interests include psychometric methods in counseling, career assessment with early recollections and other qualitative assessment techniques, career transition, and the integration of career and mental health counseling. Kevin has published in national and international journals regarding, career techniques used in counselor supervision, career transition, applications of motivational interviewing in career counseling, and Adlerian constructs used in career counseling. He has presented at national and international conferences and consults on career issues and research across the globe. His professional activities include serving as Chair of the Mentoring Committee and Research Committee for National Career Development Association (NCDA). Currently, he is a co-editor of the NCDA publication, A Comprehensive Guide to Career Assessment. He has provided invited editorial service to the Journal of Vocational Behavior, Clinical Supervisor, and British Journal of Guidance and Counseling. Additionally, he served or serves on the editorial boards of the Career Development Quarterly, Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, Journal of Individual Psychology, and the Lifespan Journal.
- Career Development Counseling, Mental Health and Career
- Counseling (PhD)
Georgia State University
- Community Counseling (MS)
Georgia State University
- Human Services (BS)
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Kevin B. Stoltz and Charles Lehman. 2021. Test Reveiw of the O*NET Interest Profiler.
- Max Hamke and Kevin B. Stoltz. 2021. Test Review of the O*NET Abilities Profiler.
- Kevin B. Stoltz, Stephanie Bell, Alexandra Eckhardt, M. O. Adekson, and C. A. Greene. 2020. Professional and career development for counselor education: Strategies for an effective job search. Handbook of Counseling and Counselor Education. Hanbook of Counseling & Counselor Education
- Kevin B. Stoltz and Max Hamke. 2020. Test Review of Career Adaptabilities Scale.
- Kevin B. Stoltz and Susan R. Barclay. 2019. A comprehensive guide to career assessment (7th ed.). 7th Editione. National Career Development Association
- Katya Ligon, Kevin B. Stoltz, R. Kevin Rowell, and Vance Johnson Lewis. 2019. An empirical investigation of the Kelley Followership Questionnaire Revised. Journal of Leadership Education
- Susan R. Barclay, Kevin B. Stoltz, and Amy Clemente. 2019. Assessing Manifest Interests within the Career Construction Interview. International Journal for Educational and Vocational Guidance
- Kevin B. Stoltz and Susan R. Barclay. 2019. Career construction interviewing: ThemeMapping a client’s stories.. Mississippi Journal of Counseling Research and Practice
- Kevin B. Stoltz and Susan R. Barclay. 2019. Comprehensive Guide to Career Assessment - Website. National Career Development Association