Counselor Education

The Department of Counselor Education offers master's degree programs for students who have completed bachelor's degrees and are preparing themselves for employment as school or clinical mental health counselors. The Clinical Mental Health Counseling (M.A.) and the School Counseling (M.A.Ed.) programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)under the 2009 standards and listed on the International Registry of Counselor Education Programs.

Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Admission Information

School Counseling - Admission Information (Teachers and Non-Education Majors)

Test scores are NOT required if undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or higher or if you have earned a prior master's degree.



Contact Us

By submitting this form, I am giving the University of North Alabama consent to contact me through phone, text, or email.


Submission Received

Thank you for your interest in UNA! Roar Lions!