K. Brenna Wardell
K. Brenna Wardell grew up in Alaska and studied at Middlebury College, UC Berkeley, and the University of Oregon.
- Film and Television, British Literature, Gender Studies
- EN 596 - Selected Topics in Eng Lit
- EN 496 - Selected Topics in Eng Lit
- EN 494 - Special Topics in Film Studies
- EN 491W - English Senior Seminar
- EN 396W - Writing about Film
- EN 395 - World Cinema
- EN 394 - Perspectives in European Film
- EN 392 - Film Genres
- EN 391 - Film Authors
- EN 315 - History of Film
- EN 309 - Film theory and Criticism
- EN 307 - Introduction to Film Studies
- COM 300 - History of Film
- TH 300 - History of Film
- EN 234 - Honors Lit of the World II
- EN 233 - Honors Lit of the World I
- EN 232 - Literature of the World II
- EN 231 - Literature of the World I
- EN 212 - Survey of British Literature
- EN 211H - Honors Survey of British Lit
- EN 211 - Survey of British Literature
- COM 133 - Cinema Appreciation
- EN 111 - First-Year Composition I
- English (PhD)
University of Oregon
- English (MA)
"University of California
- English (BA)
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2019. Of Moose and Me: Animal Tales from an Alaskan Childhood.
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2019. “Fooling with Fashion: Costume as Comic Catalyst in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers”.
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2018. 'Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness': Joss Whedon, John Ford, and the Dark Side of the American Mythos.
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2018. “All the Better to Know You”: Investigating the Hybrid Monster and Allegories of Self/Other in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Joss Whedon vs. the Horror Tradition The Production of Genre in Buffy and Beyond.
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2017. National Identity and Global Television: Remaking Australia's Rake for American Audiences.
- K. Brenna Wardell and Kathryn E. Lane. 2017. The Geek as Rake: Roving Masculinity in Contemporary Film. The Age of the Geek.
- K. Brenna Wardell and Douglas Cunningham. 2017. The Murderer in the Garden: Something Rotten in Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy. Critical Insights Film: Alfred Hitchcock.
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2016. Actors Assemble!: The Intertextual Pleasures of the Joss Whedon Ensemble.
- K. Brenna Wardell, Roxanne Harde, and Lydia Kokkola. 2014. 'Almost a Golden Glow around It': the Filmic Nostalgia of Walt Disney's Pollyanna. Eleanor H. Porter's Pollyanna: A Children's Classic at 100.
- K. Brenna Wardell. 2013. Waste Not: Luis Buñuel Frames Space and Waste in The Phantom of Liberty.