- If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus, DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT! Clear the area and immediately call the call the University Police Department at extension 4357 (HELP) or 256.765.4357. Refer to Steps "6" through "11" below for further instruction.
- Any person receiving a phone call that a bomb or other explosive device has been placed on campus is to ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Keep talking to the caller a long as possible and record the following:
- Time of call
- Age and sex of caller
- Speech pattern, accent
- Background noise
- Immediately notify the call the University Police Department at extension 4357 (HELP) or 256.765.4357. and supply them with the information outlined above.
- The University Police Department will conduct a detailed bomb search. Employees are requested to make a cursory inspection of their area for suspicious objects and to report the location to the University Police Department. DO NOT TOUCH THE OBJECT!
- If necessary or if directed to do so by the University Police Department or the Building Coordinator, activate the building alarm.
CAUTION: THE BUILDING ALARMS RING ONLY IN THE BUILDING - you must call the University Police Department or the Building Coordinator.
- When the building evacuation alarms are sounded or when told to leave by the University Police Department or by the Building Coordinator, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- ASSIST THE DISABLED IN EXITING THE BUILDING! Remember that elevators are reserved for disabled persons' use only. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested, assist the University Police Department and/or the Building Coordinator.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless directed to do so by the University Police Department or the Building Coordinator.
For emergencies dial (911) or (4357) on any campus phone.