Civil Disturbance or Demonstrations
- Most campus demonstrations will be peaceful and everyone should attempt to carry on business as normally as possible. Avoid provoking or obstructing the demonstrators.
- Should a disturbance occur, call the University Police Department at extension 4357 (HELP) or 256.765.4357. To avoid causing additional trouble, use a private office when making the call. The procedures outlined under number "3" below should also be considered.
- A threatening disturbance should be reported immediately to the University Police Department and the Building Coordinator. The following action should also be taken.
- Alert all individuals in the area of the situation.
- Lock all doors, secure all files, documents and equipment.
- If necessary, cease operations and evacuate.
- Contact the University Police Department for further instructions.
- The University Police Department will assess the situation. Participants who refuse to disperse may be subject to prosecution if any municipal, federal, and/or state laws have been violated.
- If a class lecture is disrupted, call the University Police Department at extension 4357 (HELP) or 256.765.4357.
For emergencies dial (911) or (4357) on any campus phone.