Welcome to the Foreign Languages Homepage!
The Department of Foreign Languages at the University of North Alabama provides majors in Foreign Languages, French, German, and Spanish. A minor is also available in French, German and/or Spanish. Six credit hours at the Introductory level in the same foreign language are required for all Bachelor of Arts degrees. The educational facilities of the Department of Foreign Languages are second to none. With our fully equipped languages laboratory, language students may use multimedia language computer software, Internet based resources, audio, and video to enhance their language skills.
Foreign Languages Newsletter Fall 2015 - GlobalTalk
The Department of Foreign Languages and the College of Education now offer a Master of Secondary Education in Spanish. Check out the Press Release!
- Spanish Conversation Table - Come join the Spanish Conversation Table!!! Starting September 2016 in Wesleyan Hall on the 3rd floor. It will be held every Wednesday from 2:00-2:50. Beginning Spanish speakers always welcome. Hope to see you there.
- German Conversation Table - Every Wednesday from 10:00-10:50 at the tables on the 3rd floor of Wesleyan Hall. All levels of German speakers welcome.
- Congratulations to Danae Thackerson for representing the Department of Foreign Languages and winning both the College of Arts and Sciences' and the campus wide Three Minute Thesis competition. This exciting competition involved Danae explaining her research to a wide audience in under three minutes.
The Department of Foreign Languages congratulates Alexandria Buttgereit, Todd Erickson, Taylor Grubbs, Jenna Thigpen, and Victoria Wilson as the Spring 2016 recipients of the Foreign Languages Endowed Scholarships.
- New Study Shows Brain Benefits Of Bilingualism
- What can I do with this major?
- Language Study In the Age of Globalization: The College-Level Experience
- Knowing Other Languages Brings Opportunities
- Learn more about the Foreign Language Honor Society
- Bilinguals Have Faster, More Adaptive Brains When They Get Older, Study Finds
- Hufstedler Foreign Languages Scholarship Application
- Ross Study Abroad Scholarship Application
- University Travel Abroad Scholarship Application